At Ranson Family Dental, we believe that it is better to prevent oral problems than to treat them later on. By properly taking care of your teeth and visiting our dentists for preventive dentistry in Morton, Illinois, you can save time and money by avoiding expensive and complex restorative procedures. When you visit our practice, Dr. Ronald Ranson and Dr. Leticia Fernandez-Ranson will work with you to establish good dental hygiene and lifestyle habits to keep your smile in optimum condition throughout your life. To schedule your appointment, we welcome you to call us today at 309-866-3026! We look forward to hearing from you!
- Dental Hygiene
- Fluoride Treatment
- Nutritional Counseling
- Digital X-Rays
- VELscope® Oral Cancer Screenings
The goal of preventive care is to protect your smile from damage caused by tooth decay, periodontal disease (gum disease) and other damaging dental conditions. Preventive dentistry works to avert these diseases before they cause damage that requires repair. We offer a number of preventive dental treatments to help you keep your smile in the best possible health. These services include dental sealants and dental cleanings; visiting our office regularly ensures that we detect and treat any early signs of damage before they become more extensive and painful.
There are several steps you can take to prevent cavities and tooth decay. Our dentist and team recommend that you follow these guidelines to help minimize your chances for developing cavities:
- Brush and floss your teeth every day. You should brush at least twice a day and floss at least once a day. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoridated toothpaste.
- Maintain a balanced, healthy diet with a limited amount of very sugary or acidic foods.
- Visit our office at least twice a year for a routine teeth cleaning and dental exam.
- Ask our team about dental sealants and fluoride treatment to see if they are right for your smile.
To learn more about preventive care, we invite you to call or visit us today!